Monday, March 15, 2010

I may actually be sleep typing this..

Today I rolled out of bed at what felt like 6am, though the clock indicated that it was in fact 7am, and I quickly became angered at Day Light Savings for robbing me of an hour of sleep. I guess my true anger should have been aimed at Benjamin Franklin as he was the a.hole who came up with it in the first place.

Here's the thing, I don't live on a farm and require the extra daylight to pick my crop, nor as Ben intended am I saving money on candles. I actually grew up in a state that never participated in Day Light Savings time and honestly, now living in a state that does participate, not really seeing much difference aside from the fact that one day a year I wake up exhausted.

I know I'm not the only person in the world suffering this morning as my office was basically zombieland up until about 1 o'clock. Today, there was no discussion of the fun things people did on their weekend off, only blank stares at computer screens or in some cases at the wall. I popped out of my exhaustion induced haze only after using my lunch hour to take a nap in my car, another person said f it and went home, and two others actually forgot about the time change all together because they only use cell phones as clocks and just plain didn't understand why they were so tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment