Friday, April 30, 2010
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
They call it a cone of uncertainty for a reason. Today officially puts Little A two days late. I’m patiently awaiting the birth of my very first niece, though I’m not so sure that My BMF and The Future Mrs. My BMF are waiting patiently, perhaps waiting in quite the opposite fashion. The nursery is ready, car seats have been properly installed by a well trained professional, and The Future Mrs. My BMF is looking a little weary from carrying around what appears to be an overinflated basketball in the front of her shirt. Although I’m practically a doctor and perfectly qualified to deliver should she decide to come in an emergency fashion at tonight’s softball game, I have no idea when Little A is actually going to show her pretty face to the world, what I do have are some theories on why she is taking her sweet time.
- Her dad is super loud and she doesn’t want to hear him at full volume.
- She hears those yappy dogs, and she is a cat person.
- She doesn’t want to get left on the top of the car by her dad as he drives off from the hospital, it seems much safer in the confines of the tummy.
- Due to a lack of motor function , general room to contort her body in such a small place, and hair product she is having a hard time styling her hair into a mini faux hawk for her first pictures. The vanity gene is pretty strong, or so I’ve heard.
- Like her parents she arrives at a party that starts at 8pm at 10pm.
- She realizes her mom is one of those cute pregnant moms, so she's just helping her stay pregnant a little longer.
- She doesn't really like the color pink and she doesn't want to wear all those clothes in her closet.
- She’s waiting for her mom to learn how to spell her name.
- It is actually an overinflated basketball in The Future Mrs. My BMF’s shirt and we’ve all been duped.
- For her name her parents have picked out a derivative of April, her to-be birth month, in Spanish (Abril), but she would prefer a derivative of May in Spanish (Mayo), like Mayonnaise, or Maybelline.
Thursday, April 22, 2010
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
A year ago, Tux(edo) Sassy Pantalones came bounding into this world and a short two months later she became the apple of my eye, the Hall to my Oates, the other pea to join my pod. Tux has her moments that make all her annoying traits fade quickly away and if you are ever lucky enough to be the first person to pick her up right after she wakes up from a cat nap and enjoy the 30 seconds of love you get before she realizes that someone is holding her, you'll know just what I'm talking about. You'll forget about her lack of tact that leaves drop-you-with-one-sniff poos uncovered in the litter box, and focus on how she picks up her stuffed sheep and carries it around with her, even when that stuffed animal was as big as she was. You'll forget about her drinking from the bathroom sink at the exact moment you need a sip of water to rinse the toothpaste out of your mouth, and focus on how funny it is when she Criss Angel's you just as you are spitting out your toothpaste into what was an empty sink onto what is now a toothpaste covered kitty. You'll forget about the terror you see in your overweight cat Angel's eyes as Tux enters 'attack mode', and focus on the two lbs that your overweight cat Angel has lost from all the wrestling matches and how much easier she is to pick up and how much less you have to tell her that 'big is beautiful'.
Monday, April 19, 2010
It’s ok to be scared, we are talking about this girl….
Yes, the one who let me cut her hair after consuming an entire pitcher of daiquiris, the girl who loves McChickens so much she will even eat them after they have been dropped in sand, the medical mind who diagnosed herself with an alcohol allergy only to find out she actually somehow caught her dog’s skin condition, and the person who replied “Soil.orlgimpxldimsup” to this text I sent her Saturday night after her 14 hour graduation celebration “Just checking if my fav hot mess is still alive. I don’t require actual words, any type of response will do".
Congrats, Doctor Intern. I’m so very proud you went from practically to actual. I love you!
Friday, April 16, 2010
Monday, April 12, 2010
Wednesday, April 7, 2010
Tuesday, April 6, 2010
Back from a blogging hiatus, with a tale of my weekend…or at least what I deem to be the highlight.
Sunday was spent laying in my bed, periodically adjusting my position as to avoid pesky bed sores, until around 4:30pm. Stop looking at me with those judging eyes and that judging mustache and allow me to explain….Sunday is a day of rest, a day where Jesus encourages individuals such as myself to remain in a semi-coma like state for a period of 24 hours. Moreover, it was Easter, a day celebrating Jesus’s resurrection. …thus I felt it necessary to not only rest, but also out of respect to also avoid brushing my hair as Jesus’s locks were surely amiss on this day as well.
I’ll get to my point, this particular day of rest was spent watching an inordinate amount of television, and somewhere around hour 6 I saw an advertisement for Paris Hilton’s British Best Friend. I’ll give you a little glimpse into my head here: A to herself: “Hmm, I want a British best friend”. Herself to A: “If you had one you’d find their accent irresistible and spend your days uncontrollably saying yes to their every request”. A to herself: “You’re right, the accents mesmerize me and I don’t want to end up doing a British person’s laundry”.
I’m not sure if my longing was for a British best friend or just knowing full well I am shortly going to be lacking in the friendship department and for someone as co-dependent as I am this can’t be good. So…I will not be accepting applications for my new British best friend, or even for a new best friend but I will be accepting applications for a new friend… And if you happen to have an accent and your application is approved, please don’t ask me to do your laundry.
3. If I choose to make up a nickname for you, as I most certainly will, do you have any names that are strictly forbidden?
5. Age you are: Age you feel like/tell people you are:
6. Twitter name:
7. Tweet something really nice about @stillsandsyntax , bonus points if it’s about my hair. What did you tweet?
8. What is the latest/earliest that you will accept phone calls/text messages?
9. Fill in the blanks: “Hey, A, I really _____ your last blog! It was absolutely _____!”
10. I'm hungry, will you fix me a hotdog?
11. I can't find my pants. Where do you suggest I look?
12. Road trips: Pro or Con?
13. International vacations: Pro or Con?
14. Describe my weekend hair in 3 words.
15. Complete this sentence: Naps are _________.
16. Essay question: You do or say something that you wish you could take back immediately. It is one of those times where you are so happy a lot of people aren’t around to see you do or say it. But I was there. A week later you read about it on my blog, in detail, with several fabricated embarrassments added. How do you react?
17. If I were to say to you, “Have I told you the story about the time I wore an adidas jacket as pants?” would you reply with (Please note: Chances are high that I have told you this story at least ten times):
A) No, I don’t think you have. Here, give me a moment to make myself comfortable so I can give you my complete and undivided attention.
B) Oh yeah! You have! I love that story! Will you tell it again?
C) Not the f*cking pants story again! Can’t you let one week go by without telling that stupid story?
Once you are completed please post this in the comments section. Each application will be given serious consideration and a final decision will be made in 2-4 weeks. Thank you for your interest.