Friday, August 5, 2011

Challenge Accepted


Have I ever mentioned I love One House Love? Well I do and recently they threw down a challenge, of the DIY sort. Ya'all know me, I often step away from a challenge but this time I figured why not, I mean I have relatively no chance of getting hurt, I likely won't have to physically exert myself and of course I love me some DIY.

I decided to make distressed picture canvases which I found here. They looked bad ace and though time consuming, easy enough. Also, my BMF got married just about a week shy of a year ago and I thought a photo from his wedding put onto a canvas would be a great gift from the person who pronounced them husband and wife. I won't rehash the directions because the original website does it best but I will make a few suggestions/fun facts/observations...come along with me.



1. Fact: This DIY is perfect if you have a friends wedding anniversary coming up and you are considering robbing a bank.

One of the many suggestions on the comments section is to use a sponge to rub the paper off the canvas. This is a great suggestion, because while your fingers are perfect and preferable to use so you don't rub away too much of the photo, you will likely rub your finger prints clean off your hands. So, with this project you can make a gift from the heart, and perhaps rob someone blind leaving no fingerprints behind. Everyone's a winner, except of course the person who got robbed.

2. Suggestion: After putting on the gel medium I placed the photo onto the canvas before wetting it down. My first go at this I followed the directions and I had some difficulty.

3. Observation: Cats are not helpful in this project, but they are cute.


Follow me out on pintrest why don't cha http://pinterest.com/stillsandsyntax/

2 comments:

  1. I am so addicted too! I just love how easy it is to collect and store my favourite images. I think your project is fabulous. Great job!

    I have posted about a few of my favourite pins on my blog today and if you have 5 Minutes to spare please pop by! Please feel free to link up your post to my new Pinning and Singing Linky Party. I'd love it if you could join in!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha @ 5 Minutes Just for Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are bad ace! Love them!

    ReplyDelete