Thursday, September 16, 2010

Happy Blogiversary

Exactly one year ago today I penned the first bit of syntax about a country girl's life in a beach house, and to you blog I would like to say Happy Blogiversary. The first year anniversary gift is supposed to be paper, so I'll just print this out and we'll be golden. To my many readers I would like so say thank you, it brings me such joy that all 7 of you would take a break in your busy lives to read the stories that shape my little life. If you got a chuckle or two out of the past 365 days, even at my expense, know that it makes my heart smile.

Ah, the past five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes...I've said goodbye, said hello, loved, drank a glass or two of hater-aid (and rum), hugged, laughed till my cheeks hurt, kissed (probably more than I should have), and lived the best way I know how.

While living the minutes of the past year there weren't many times where I took pause, or thought about how a moment was shaping my life. Perhaps I should more often, seems there is no time like the present. Come take a walk with me....

~ This year I felt for the first time what it was like to love someone the moment I met them, a feat that is not easy for this girl. I've held more than a fair share of friend's newborns in my arms but this year I held a niece and when the nurse asked if I was My BMF's sister, it felt about right. ~ I talked entirely too much about my hair and it's level of awesomeness. ~ I said goodbye to more than one friend, but now know that a goodbye is necessary to say hello when we meet again, which for friends is inevitable. ~ I got mistaken for Ellen Degeneres by a 3 year old. ~ I gained a brother, one who can take a punch and party with me till the sun comes up. ~ I made entirely too many graphs and drawrings. ~ I introduced you to quite simply the greatest group of friends and family that ever were. ~ I discovered again and again why I heart living in the south. ~ In a moment of insanity I took a cross country road trip where I saw my first real life western mountain and became a badass snowboarder. ~ I exposed my clumsiness. ~ With a smile and tears on my face I pronounced a couple man and wife. ~

In between the 'big' moments there was laughter, tears, theme parties, occasional work, fights, celebrations, apologies and cocktails. It has been a pretty nice little year in my life. I hope you have enjoyed seeing it through my eyes.

2 comments: