Monday, January 23, 2012

Turns out I've dated some real ones

As you may be aware each year on MLK weekend The Gray Lining, My BFF and myself try to get together. MLK 2K12 was no different and as it was my year to host the Yanks headed towards the blue on the map. We ate, we drank, we sunned some of the palest skin I have seen in my life. Mostly, we talked...because that is what we do. We talk about very stupid things. One such item which sticks out in my mind for what will become obvious reasons was My BFF informing us that science says that people are 5 times less attractive then they believe themselves to be. Science said this, that's all we were given, no other reference than science. So apparently I am a 1.3...on a good day. The Gray Lining is a negative integer when she wakes up in the morning.

After some poking around, I still don't know that science says we are 5 times less attractive then we think we are but I did find some research (there was some legit stuff which was not off msnbc as well) to back up My BFF's claims. Turns out, 28% of young women and 30% of young men rate themselves between an 8 and a 10 out of 10. Meaning that essentially 3 out of every 10 people think they are super duper hot. Having been to Walmart in the past week I can tell you this is not true.

Hmmm, if science is right, I'm not completely sure how I ended up gainfully employed.

No comments:

Post a Comment