After a brief blogging hiatus I am back. My apologies to those who choose to avoid the actual work they are paid to do with a nice blend of facebook, my blog, and lexulous.
As promised a run down of the Redneck Games and Hillbilly Bash, otherwise known as the celebration of the third anniversary of my 26th Birthday. On this fine day I learned a few things, and I would be just as pleased as punch to share them with you.
1. Turns out when invited to a Hillbilly Bash everything you need can be picked up on your way to the party with one quick stop to Walmart. Which is phenomenal considering those I hold near and dear to my heart aren't what you call 'planners'.
2. Not even SLBDJT can make jorts look sexy.
3. Men's camouflage shorts provide ample space to store multiple Smirnoff Ice.
4. No Longer Easy E has a huge bladder...she can sit in a kiddie pool in our driveway drinkin' beers all day and never have to get up to go the bathroom.
5. My friends love me and care about my physical well-being enough to not set up a slip and slide in the backyard after I have been celebrating the demise of my youth all. damn. day.
6. SLBDJT believes it to be appropriate to not only go to the bar, but to also ride in a cab seconds after going swimming in jorts.
As a whole the day was filled with a multitude of "Icings", more than a few odd looks from the neighbors, and great times shared with great friends.
It ended just a quickly as it began and when I woke up in the afternoon I found a yard that brought me back to memories of my younger years in the midwest. I couldn't have asked for a better way to celebrate the third anniversary of my 26th!